Formerly located at 157 Bleecker Street in Manhattan (photographed July 13, 2004).
Patrick Kenny first opened Kenny's Castaway's in 1967 on East 84th Street and moved to Greenwich Village in the 1970's. After his death in 2002 his children owned and operated the club until it's closing in 2012.
In the 19th Century this building housed The Slide. The New York Herald reported "orgies beyond description" involving transvestite prostitutes. The police closed The Slide in 1892.
From the series: "Remnants of New York City"